FAQ’s & Resources

What is Medical Malpractice?

Medical malpractice is a civil claim that a physician or other health care provider failed to use reasonable care in caring for a patient. Reasonable care on the part of a physician or health care provider is that level of care, skill, and treatment which, in light of all relevant surrounding circumstances, is recognized as acceptable and appropriate by a similar and reasonably careful physician or health care provider. Negligence on the part of a physician is doing something that a reasonably careful physician would not do under the circumstances or failing to do something that a reasonably careful physician would do under the circumstances.

In order to recover in a medical malpractice case, it is necessary to show that the claimed negligence actually caused injury to the patient. Negligence is a legal cause of injury if it directly and in natural and continuous sequence produces or contributes substantially to providing the claimed injury, so that it can reasonably be said, without the negligence, the injury would not have occurred.

When a doctor, hospital or other health care provider is accused of negligence, which injures a patient, the patient may bring an action for medical malpractice. Medical malpractice is a highly specialized field of law. Claims can take months or even years to resolve. Typically, the injured patient hires a lawyer to represent him or her, and the insurance company, which provides coverage for the accused health care provider, will hire an attorney to defend the accused physician or health care provider.

The appropriate standard of care for a doctor or other health care provider must be established by expert testimony, either prior to or at a trial. Typically, the injured patient’s attorney will provide expert witness testimony, usually from a physician, that the particular physician’s or other health care provider’s treatment deviated from the appropriate standard of care. Then the attorney for the physician or other health care provider will usually provide testimony that the treatment rendered to the patient met the standard of reasonable medical care.

Typically, the parties, through their respective attorneys negotiate, with the goal in mind of possibly settling the case without a trial. If a trial becomes necessary, the parties will each present their cases in open court, and the jury will decide whether there was malpractice, and if so, the amount of monetary damages to be awarded for the damages caused to the patient, by the said negligence.

How much is my personal injury or medical malpractice case worth?

Clients often want to know how much their case is worth. This is never an easy question to answer early on, as the total worth is determined by the extent and severity of your injuries, how much available insurance coverage the negligent party has, your past and future medical bills, past and future pain and suffering, and lost wages at work, both past and future. Call our highly skilled and experienced team today at 1-800-282-BEST (2378) for a free case evaluation including how much your case may be worth down the road.

What are Statutes of Limitations?

Statutes of Limitations are legal deadlines by which you must file your personal injury or medical malpractice lawsuits. If you wait too long, you will not be able to pursue your case for compensation for your injuries regardless of how good your case is on its merits. Thus, it is extremely important to call us today at 1-800- 282-BEST (2378) so that we can get started right away and ensure that your rights are protected!

The other driver’s insurance company has contacted me after the auto accident. What should I do?

If the negligent driver’s insurance company tries to contact you after the accident, tell them you either have obtained or are in the process of obtaining legal counsel, and you will have your attorneys get in contact with them regarding the claim. Call us at 1-800-282-BEST (2378) so that our skilled and experienced staff and attorneys can communicate with the insurance companies to ensure that your rights are protected!

What to do if I am injured at a place of business?

If you are injured at a place of business, you should immediately take pictures of the scene, get the names and contact information for any witnesses and/or business staff on duty, and report the incident to business personnel. Beyond reporting the incident, do not admit fault or make any additional statements to the business staff.

How much will I owe my Attorney?

Best Trial Attorneys doesn’t charge you anything up front or ever unless we win and make a recovery on your case. If we are able to win and make a recovery, we charge a reasonable contingency fee percentage (fee contingent upon us winning your case) out of the total recovery. We front all of the costs of litigation up front on your behalf so that you never pay anything out of your pocket up front. Call our highly skilled and experienced team today at 1-800-282-BEST (2378) for a free case evaluation.

What is underinsured motorist (UM) coverage?

UM coverage is something you can include in your own auto insurance policy to ensure that you have coverage for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering if the negligent driver has insufficient coverage to compensate you for your injuries. In select instances, you may even be able to qualify for UM coverage if you don’t have it included in your own policy. Call us at 1-800-282- BEST (2378) to find out if you qualify for UM coverage for your auto accident case.

Do you have a case that needs our attention?

Please Contact Us if you’d like to let us know more about your case.

We appreciate the opportunity to help you achieve the justice and compensation you deserve.

Please Note: The hiring of a lawyer, and the creation of an attorney-client relationship, is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. The description anywhere on this website of the results of any specific case or transaction does not mean or suggest that similar results can or could be obtained in any other matter. Each legal matter must be considered to be unique and subject to varying results.

Two Locations

Our offices are located in both Citrus (Crystal River) and Orange (Orlando) county, and we work throughout the State of Florida and beyond.

Contact Us or Tell Us About Your Case while you are here today. We appreciate the opportunity to help you achieve the justice and compensation you deserve.

Orange County

2600 East Robinson Street,
Orlando, FL 32803


Citrus County

7655 W Gulf to Lake Hwy #10,
Crystal River, FL 34429